- Last Updated on Saturday, 01 February 2020 19:51
(NewsUSA) - According to research from Working Mother Research Institute and Messenger Kids, 79 percent of working moms find that there is a constant struggle to find the right balance between being at work and being with their kids.
|79 percent of working moms find that there is a constant struggle to find the right balance between being at work and being with their kids.|
They never want to miss a moment with their kids, but also feel the pressure to be present at work.
Getting updates throughout the day makes working moms feel more connected to their kids, and Messenger Kids, a new app available in the US for iOS, Android and Fire tablets, is making it easier for working moms and their kids to talk.
Messenger Kids puts the power to communicate in the hands of children and lets them reach out to mom whenever they need to.
"After talking to thousands of moms and working with the Working Mother Research Institute, we've found that 84 percent of moms wish they could have a brief look into how their child's day is going. Most feel there's a need for apps that let kids connect with people they love, but also have the level of parental control parents want," says Antigone Davis, Facebook Global Head of Safety.
Communication apps such as Messenger Kids have many benefits, including:
• Connection. Apps are a great way for children to connect with the people they love. With Messenger Kids, kids can video chat and message with parent-approved contacts once their account is set up by a parent or guardian.
• Creativity. An app should be fun and allow kids to express themselves within the limits set by parents. Messenger Kids features a library of specially chosen GIFs, frames, stickers, masks and drawing tools that let them decorate photos and videos and have more fun with video chats.
• Control. Messenger Kids helps ease parents' concerns about how children are using devices and whether they are using apps that are age-appropriate. It also gives parents more control. Parents fully control the contact list and kids can't connect with people that their parent does not approve.
• Convenience. Apps, especially those built for kids, must be easy to set up and use. Once the account is established, the home screen shows kids at a glance whom they are approved to talk to and when those contacts are online. In addition, parents can chat with kids through their regular Messenger account, so it's convenient for both parent and child.