- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 June 2021 23:25
The Southwestern Pennsylvania Registered Nurses Club awarded four scholarships in May and selected the recipient of the Mary Agnes Powers Memorial Scholarship. The criteria are based on academic standing, merit and need. An Applicant must be entering his or her senior year in a diploma, associate degree or bachelor degree program or final semester of a graduate nursing program.
The recipients for May 2021 are:
- Savanah Rose Scarff, Gannon University BSN student awarded the Mary Agnes Powers Memorial Scholarship and SWPA RN Club Scholarship.
- Ramatu Abuakar, University of Pittsburgh BSN student awarded a SWPA RN Club Scholarship.
- Jennifer McChesney, Geneva College BSN student, awarded a SWPA RN Club Scholarship.
- Mackenzie Musser, Robert Morris University BSN student, awarded a SWPA RN Club Scholarship.
The annual scholarship Fall fundraiser is pending.
The club plans to install the following officers for 2021-2022 this summer.
- President - Sharon Munson,
- Vice-President - Mary O’Connor
- Treasurer - Stephanie Gardiner
- Recording Secretary - Carol Wind
- Corresponding Secretary - Patty Moore