- Last Updated on Monday, 27 July 2015 14:47
The South Hills – Mon Valley Messenger (the Messenger) is a division of Haniford Enterprises, LLC. Owner and Publisher Douglas Haniford launched the premier issue in June 2004 in an effort to keep local residents informed about what's happening in their community, and to provide local businesses an affordable and effective means to advertise their products and services to potential customers in their primary marketing area. We are a reliable, independent, unbiased and trusting source for hometown news, information, happenings, and feature stories of local interest.
The Messenger is a proud member of:
- Finleyville Area Chamber of Commerce
- Peters Township Chamber of Commerce
- Monongahela Area Chamber of Commerce
- Mon Valley Regional Chamber of Commerce
- South Hills Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Rostraver Chamber of Commerce
- West Jefferson Hills Chamber of Commerce
- Brentwood Baldwin Whitehall Chamber of Commerce
- Greater Monessen Chamber of Commerce
- Mid-Atlantic Community Papers Association (MACPA)
- Association of Free Community Papers (AFCPA)
- Independent Free papers of America (IFPA)
- Bethel Park Chamber of Commerce
We are a FREE community newspaper that is published every month. Our circulation is currently 27,000 copies representing over 60,000 readers!
The Messenger is available FREE of charge at over 500 area locations throughout the south hills and Mon valley including: Finleyville, Union Township, Gastonville, Elrama, Elizabeth, West Elizabeth, Clairton, Jefferson Hills, Pleasant Hills, West Mifflin, Forward Township, Brentwood, Baldwin, Whitehall, Castle Shannon, Bethel Park, Venetia, Nottingham Township, Canonsburg, McMurray, Eighty-Four, Peters Township, Library, South Park, New Eagle, Monongahela, Carroll Township, Fallowfield Township, Bentleyville, Charleroi, Speers, Dunlevy, Monessen, Donora, Belle Vernon, Rostraver, and more.
Our Editorial Policy
The Messenger publishes community news free of charge. We welcome the submission of articles, news releases, community announcements, editorials and letters for publication. The Messenger will accept information via telephone, e-mail, Fax or U.S. Mail. All editorial submissions are subject to editing for length clarity and taste. The opinions expressed in the Messenger are those of the author, and not necessarily of the Messenger or Haniford Enterprises, LLC.