- Last Updated on Tuesday, 01 August 2017 19:11
By Colette Dell
The South Park Board of Supervisors held their monthly meeting on June 10 at 7 p.m. to discuss the following topics.
Preliminary and final approval was granted to the minor consolidation plan identified as the Fishell – Savikas Consolidation Plan on Hilldale Dr.
The Land Development Agreement and Storm Water Facilities Maintenance and Monitoring Agreement, between South Park Township and Robert K. Smoker for the project identified as the Smoker Self-Storage Plan, located at 2900 Piney Fork Rd., was approved.
A second Land Development Agreement and Storm Water Facilities Maintenance Monitoring Agreement was approved by the Board, which is between the Township of South Park and KAI, LLC. Both agreements are with regards to the KAI, LLC Consolidation Plan, located on 2376 Brownsville Rd.
The Board approved the proposal submitted by the Township’s engineering firm, Herbert, Rowland & Grubic, in the amount of $6,000, to determine if two properties on Grove Rd. and one property on Sebolt Rd. should be demolished.
The Letter of Agreement between the County of Allegheny Dept. of Parks and South Park Township was approved, which will allow the township to use the county’s showmobile during the 2017 community day event, at a cost of $500.
The public hearing for the Transit Oriented Overlay Development (TOOD) Zoning Regulations amending Ordinance No. 556 that was to be held on August 14 at 6:30 p.m. has now been rescheduled for September 11 at 8 p.m.
A reimbursement request was approved for Township Supervisor David J. Buchewicz in the amount of $271.81 from expenses incurred while attending the Local Government Advisory Committee Meeting in Harrisburg, PA.
A reimbursement request for Officer Brian Jesionowski was approved for $1,985.57 for his participation in the Motor Carrier Safety Assistance Program (MCSAP), held in Harrisburg, PA.
Sgt. Shannon Henrich will be attending a training titled “Tactical Shooting,” which will be held in Greensburg, PA at a cost of $12.
Some new developments have taken place since the last MS4 report.
- The next MS4 permit is due Sept. 16 and the Public Works Director is awaiting direction from the DEP with regard to the Pollution Reduction Plan (PRP) Control Program.
- Action will be taken at the August Board of Supervisor’s meeting to schedule an MS4 informational meeting that will possibly be held in October.
- The Township has received approximately $40,000 in grant funding for work that will cost $80,000, which involves the replacement of four stormwater inlets and the relining of an existing stormwater line, within the Grant St./Overlook St. area.
- A Public Works employee is defining the stormwater sub-water sheds in the field for the mapping project.
- A manhole and storm line repair project will be taking place on Zupancic Dr. over the next two weeks to eliminate flooding on the street.